"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Thursday, January 04, 2018

Wildlife Sighting! January 4, 2018

2018 Photo Project
January 3, 2018
Photo #4
 
Russell first sighted the Bobcat as he/she was
 sneaking up on a Gray Squirrel under the bird feeder. 
 

2018 Photo Project
January 3, 2018
Photo #4.2
 
Luckily I was able to get these photos before
the Bobcat gave up trying to get a meal
when the squirrel scampered away.
 
2018 Photo Project
January 3, 2018
Photo #4.3
 
Such a beautiful animal. 
More information here.

9 comments:

  1. That's amazing. You were able to zoom so close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a big feline. Love to watch them hunt.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and Russell and tons of scritches to Miss Lucy. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful. My husband saw one a few months ago, but didn't have a camera with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful and capable of bringing down a human...best not to get too close

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creatures, and their hunts are only successful about one time out of nine, from what i gather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'm in Shasta County and we have a den up the road from us. Never seen it, just heard neighbors talking. Occasionally someone will post a security cam video of one, just sauntering up the street in the middle of the night. I no longer allow my cats to go outside. We've had 2 come up missing. Could be bobcats or coyotes. Beautiful photo. They have such beautiful faces.

    My husband saw on from the Sundial Bridge in Redding. They were here first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thing to see in your garden. I love it when I see wildlife as it's like they're granting us a favour by appearing. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - the pictures of the bobcat are amazing! You did a great job catching it in action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those pictures of the bobcat are amazing! You did a great job catching it in action.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!