"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Photos from Horrific and Devastating Fire in Weed, California





Our little town of Weed had a wildfire
rampage through the NE side.
No injuries nor fatalities, but
100+ structures were destroyed;
mostly homes and some businesses.
Our little library was destroyed also.  








7 comments:

  1. I was watching some videos yesterday about this fire. Awful.

    Have a fabulous day Kathe. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, close enough to see the flames! Thank God no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that there are far fewer forest fires today than there were thousands of years ago when lightning strikes set the woods ablaze with no people to put them out, but that's small comfort when it's your town on fire. I hope well-needed rain arrives soon to help the firefighters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that terrible and scary, Kathe. I'm glad no one was injured, but it is so sad that buildings were lost, and all that greenery, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathe, i'm so sorry. These things devastate whole communities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way, way too close for comfort! I hate it that folks lost their homes and that so much beauty was destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the note Kathe. Glad you're ok. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!