"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Eric Alders MPP and Poetry Jam November 6, 2013

Lost Potion  photo by Eric Alder


Everyone is all a twitter 
Disappearing glaciers 
How we need to change
And make things better

The problem is complex
It's not an easy fix
The problem lies with our
Unchecked sex 

Heedless procreation
Is the root of Earth's woes 
Mother Nature will fix this
With our extinction
~~~~~~~~~

Dinosaurs roamed our planet for well over 200 million years.
We humans have really only been here for maybe 5 million years.
As Pogo said "We have met the enemy and he is us."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo_(comic_strip)
~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Eric Alder and Mary of Poetry Jam
To see more click on the links below:
http://bifocalunivision.blogspot.com/2013/11/monday-morning-photo-prompt-11413.html
and
http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com/2013/11/what-do-you-know-for-sure.html

19 comments:

  1. I've always said that it's not the Earth we need to save, it's ourselves. The Earth will survive us.


    Thanks for playing M.M.P.P. Kathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked something else besides the sex, so did my part there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eventually, maybe, more people will catch on and try to improve the world. Otherwise, I hope your poem's ending isn't 100% known for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric- good way to put that-
    thanks Alex for your always nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... unchecked sex? I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha. in a sense you are right...our population explosion def has ramification on the planet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I hope that the human race is not on the way to extinction. I hope the tide will turn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes we are the enemy. Very well said.

    Have a terrific day. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly, I tend to agree, though I try not to think about it too often. I so resonate with the Pogo quote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need to learn -- and i hope we can in time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a little frightening, even if we know there is truth in your words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Earth is only now taking notice of the humans making so much trouble. We can't get away with destroying our environment forever. There isn't anywhere else for us to go so we'd better preserve what we've got.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes, the Earth will survive us I am sure, but you have to wonder what state it will be in. Onward.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great piece, and what ever happened to Zero Population? We are kind of like a planetary virus.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like the gentle reminder that this human-race are mere newcomers to this earth


    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is full of hidden depths and simple truth. Makes one think!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i hope that things turn out OK. I suppose we will all have to do our part and hope for the best

    ReplyDelete
  18. so true I bet we all know for sure things must change

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kathe, I Love This! And I love Pogo too, that is one of my favorite lines. Walt Kelly also wrote a series of songs that are hilarious. Thank you for the wisdom and the smiles:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!