"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Magpie #168 Love's Vision

photo by Togan Gokbakar 

We've been together for so many years
Living with laughter and a few tears
I don't see the sagging nor any wrinkles
Loving your eyes that have a twinkle
Looking at you I can only see 
That gentle man who is everything to me

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Tess Kincaid for always providing
a provacative poke to our imaginations.
To read what others have seen in this photo go here:


18 comments:

  1. Oh this is right on the money. Yes it is.

    Have a terrific day and Mothers Day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you keep love alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, heartfelt words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely..i saw it quite differently!! that's the fun of the mag...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I hope my wife looks at me the way you describe when we've been together a long t-----wait a minute, we have been! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is what love should be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do seem quite comfortable with each other, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take meant for all the menfolks! How nice Kathe!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twinkles and dares! great- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful tribute to endless love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice rhyming, and rather moving...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet sentiment ... nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, as is love - may it last a lifetime.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  14. This couple looks like a pie--sweetly crusty. Well-written portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:39 AM

    Awwww this is so sweet

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!