"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for Nasturtiums



Nasturtiums

Warm sunny colors
Sweetly beckon the hummingbirds
bees and butterflys



I always plant nasturiums not only because
they are so pretty, but they attract all sorts
of pollinators that we love to watch and enjoy
their busy-ness of life. Nothing better than
sitting in the sun enjoying life around you.
The flowers and leaves are also quite tasty
in a salad or used as a fancy garnish.
~~~~~~~~~~ 
To read other A-Z Challenges fly over here:


8 comments:

  1. I had never heard of Nasturtiums prior to this post. They are quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a very lovely shot. I want to sit there drinking a nice cup of coffee and just relax.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! How could the hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies ever resist? :)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My black thumb salutes your ability to grow something both beautiful and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the names of very few flowers, but thanks to you I can now add one more to the few I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just don't test me on that one in a spelling bee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Nasturtiums. Oh, so pretty! Thank you for sharing.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nasturtiums is a new thing to me. Thank u for that. And beautiful shots! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!