"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Sunday, April 14, 2013

M is for Magpie Tales and Marriage

Spring, 1935 by Kuzma Petrov-Vodin 

Looking out 
We took the leap of deep friendship
Love rewards
~~~~~~~
Twenty-three years ago today my sweetie pie
and I got married. It's been wonderful and
rewarding being married to my very best friend.
I could not ask for a better life partner


Thanks to Tess Kincaid for Magpie Tales
I've been participating on her Magpie Tales since 
May 1st 2010. It's been so much fun learning how
to write poetry from all my fellow bloggers.
Not to mention all the nice people from all over
the world that I have "met".
Cheers everyone! Have a lovely week!
Here's the link to this weeks Magpie Tales:
and here's the link to April's A-Z Challenge:



19 comments:

  1. ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary Dear Kathe and Hubby, ♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you.♪♪

    Have a fabulous anniversary honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely words, and happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both. May you and yours live long and prosper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. I couldn't be happier for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that! I was there, and I can't believe it's been that long ago. Next month is the 30th anniversary of our first date!! Yes, sappy, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that day! Seems impossible it's been that long. What a lovely wedding. We're celebrating the 30th anniversary of our first date next month - yes, I know, sappy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you and your husband a very happy anniversary. Beautiful words. Now get away from the computer and enjoy the special day :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats all round...

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KATHE!! I loved this "leap of deep friendship"...I think that's such a wonderful and apropos way of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!!
    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Kathe and Russell,
    If I had unglued my eyes from The Masters yesterday I would have known this was your special day! I love the photo of your wedding .... congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect treat this is..so wonderful to find this lovely moment!! All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!, looks like that cake is big enough for someone to jump out of !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Awwww Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many congratulations to you both. The poem leads into your celebration beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bit late but well written and wonderful wishes to you both

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!