"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh Those Babies!

Welcome
Gracie Marie Worsley
October 22, 2008
9# 5 oz
Now that's a baby!
She looks a lot like her Daddy!


Earlier this summer I visited my brother Paul

in Berthoud Colorado. While I was there one of

his three sons, Evan, came up from Scottsdale AZ

so we could all get together. I also met his girlfriend Fawn.

Their baby was born on October 22, 2008 at 11:50pm

weighing in at 9 ! pounds 5 oz Mama mia that's a lot of baby!

Welcome baby girl Gracie Marie Worsley

and here's some photos of the quilt I sent on to her.

I am looking forward to meeting her next summer

when I make it out to Colorado again..............



Close up of pocket with birth info-I like
adding a pocket to the back
rather than just a label.


The quilt below is for Chantal and Berry's little boy
who is due the end of December. I cannot
mail it until he's born because I want to add
his name and birthdate on the pocket.
He will be joining his big sister Mauri
who is 2 years old now!Here's an old photo
of Mauri when we visited her and her family
in Zaltbommel September 2006






Blank pocket for the moment.....



Close up of the strip design I have fun with.




As a postscript ... .I missed attending brother Paul's

son Clay's wedding in September. He and his wife Tori

are expecting a boy in late February. So I am starting to pull

out fabric and imagining what colors and design I will use....







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!